Senior Disaster Recovery Specialist
Date ActiveNov 22, 2022 3:45:25 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Manager of Disaster Recovery is primarily responsible for leading IT disaster recovery planning, testing and execution for Webster Bank. This person will work with key stakeholders to develop and implement disaster recovery test plans and workbooks to support periodic IT application recovery testing. This role also includes evaluating critical third party (vendor) Business Recovery Programs and providing feedback to business lines regards their respective competency.
DISASTER RECOVERY TEST MANAGEMENT
The Manager of Disaster Recovery works with Corporate Information Security, Resiliency leadership and IT functional teams to ensure that Disaster Recovery capabilities meet the Recovery Time (RTO) and Recovery Point (RPO) objectives as defined by Business Impact Analyses.
- Plan and execute enterprise disaster recovery tests in accordance with regulatory and Resiliency Program requirements.
- Understand regulatory requirements as it relates to disaster recovery (FFIEC, and other pertinent agencies).
- Create the scope of the tests [applications, business process, client participation, stretch objectives].
- Document that scope within a Test Plan Summary that will outline the objectives, participation and logistics associated with the exercise.
- Coordinate with the technology teams on the application requirements and recovery plans associated with critical applications.
- Interface with relationship teams and prepare client participation documents and communications.
- Coordinate and manage the overall environment recovery for each test, including status reports, and problem management processes that will be used throughout the exercise.
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive Post Test Summary after each exercise evaluation performance against stated objectives.
- Coordinate any re-testing that is necessary, based upon the results of the exercise
VENDOR BCDR PROGAM MANAGEMENT
The Manager of Disaster Recovery is charged with maintaining adherence for ensuring critical IT risk vendors are delivering secure and resilient products and services by delivering a comprehensive due diligence and vendor review process
- As requested by the bank’s business lines, review vendor Business Continuity Program document and evaluate its competency and ensure it meets Webster Bank standards.
- Provide evaluation feedback to the business line concerning the acceptability of the vendors submitted program documentation.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT COLLABORATION AND SUPPORT
The Manager of Disaster Recovery will also be working with peers collaboratively within Resiliency to address and work on critical initiatives throughout the year.
- Assisting in the development of strategies and maintaining business continuity plans,
- Assisting with the coordination associated with conducting business impact assessments,
- Supporting the processes and procedures that are in place so to ensure that Webster mission-critical business functions are operational after a disaster.
- Providing support as needed for the day-to-day activities of the BCDR, ensuring that the Bank is in full regulatory compliance with all BCPDR requirements by performing quality control reviews and monitoring for completeness in this area.
- Maintaining adherence that the BCDR team is compliant with new regulatory requirements and with the bank’s policies and procedures.
Assisting the Managing Director of Resiliency in the administration of all aspects of the Bank’s BCDR practices and standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, with the bank’s policies and procedures and any additional duties as directed by the CISO.
- 5-7 years of related experience including IT Disaster Recovery planning and/or testing in a medium to large IT organization.
- Banking Line of Business Experience is a plus,
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field can be substituted on a year-for-year basis for experience
- 5+ working in large enterprise environments.
- CBCI or CBCP is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - both technical and non-technical,
- Adherence to solid project management principals and structure.
- Understanding on a broad level IT infrastructure, database, and application development and design; this should include an understanding of AWS or other Cloud based service topology.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, & Teams, and other productivity. applications)
- Must be a fast learner, confident, motivated, sensitive to details, organized, and able to work on deadlines.
$105,000 USD to $125,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22-2278