Senior Data Engineer
Date ActiveMay 11, 2022 3:32:32 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location1114 New Britain Avenue-HF522
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Senior Data Engineer Job Description
In this role, the senior data engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing the new generation of data movement solutions using state of the art cloud technologies at Webster Bank. You will be responsible for building the data movement(ETL/ELT) jobs required to feed our cloud data warehouse and the various downstream bank applications. You will also provide support for post-deployment related activities when needed and will be responsible for delivering results in a timely manner using SAFe/Agile methodologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Design, develop, test and implement ETL/ELT data movement jobs based on business requirements
- Provide technical guidance on data movement related issues
- Become the data movement SME on different banking data domains
- Have fun serving our internal teams and providing value to Webster Bank!
- Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or five years of work experience in IT and Data
- Experience in data engineering (architecture and development)
- Preferred to have experience with the following:
- Datawarehouse, ETL, batch processing tools and concepts
- Experience in Python and/or Java
- Snowflake or similar cloud computing–based data warehousing
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server) and SQL scripting
- Experience with scheduling tools like Tidal or similar
- AWS services and concepts
- Background in the banking industry is preferred but not mandatory
- Agile development (SAFe)
- A team player. Collaborative and communicative. Proactive and able to adapt to change.
Additional Information: This is a remote job opportunity!
The estimated salary range for this position is $110,000 USD to $130,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.