Mar 5, 2020 2:41:45 PM
Hours Per Week
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This position is responsible for supporting the Credit Risk Review function through the assessment, on a loan specific or portfolio-wide basis, of credit quality and corresponding potential loan or other loss exposure for the various loan portfolios and activities which create credit risk. Monitor compliance with, and adequacy of, established business line and corporate policies.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct credit risk reviews in accordance with CRR policy and procedures. Primary responsibility for managing all aspects of assigned reviews including planning, fieldwork and recommending appropriate ratings and formal recommendations as needed
Maintain specific areas of subject matter expertise (i.e. CRE, Treasury Investments, Residential Lending) and be responsible for the ongoing education of other department members in these areas.Conduct ongoing/continuous monitoring of assigned portfolios per CRR Policy. Evaluate effectiveness of management processes in the various portfolios. Based on results, proactively recommend if change to review frequency is warrantedRegular interaction with business unit leaders, executive management as well as regulators and auditors. As a review participant:
- Manage reviews/review team on an independent basis; may complete specialized reviews on an individual basis.
- Verify work of other reviewers and assure consistency
- Complete reviews within established time frames
Provide consultative feedback to relationship managers and unit managers relative to credit/loan quality issues arising from reviews.Responsibility for the development and training of less experienced analysts.Capable of being responsible for interim oversight of the Credit Risk Review department in the Director, Credit Risk Review's absence.Assist with the completion of summary reports for executive management and Risk Committee.
- Use credit and financial information to verify the credit worthiness of existing borrowers. Assess adequacy of current risk ratings and accrual status.
- Assess relationship manager/underwriter compliance with bank policy.
- Verify the adequacy and completeness of credit files.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; master's degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience in credit analysis, quality control and/or credit risk review.
- Detail oriented and able to work well independently and within deadlines.
- Strong financial statement analysis skills within assigned disciplines with demonstrated versatility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.