Senior Credit Executive
Two Stamford Plaza-FF773
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Oversee the credit decision process for Webster Business Capital Corp ("WBCC"), the Asset Based Lending unit of Webster Bank, as well as the NYC office of Regional Middle Market banking. The individual will work collaboratively with the line of businesses to meet strategic goals while ensuring prudent diligence, appropriate risk/reward and adherence to credit policy.
- Review and decision all transactions for WBCC & NYC Regional Middle Market up to delegated credit authority.
- Review and actively participate in credit committee discussions for transactions above delegated authority.
- Provide early and ongoing guidance to the deal teams with regards to deal structure, terms and conditions.
- Participate in portfolio reviews and discussions for both performing and problem loans.
- Assist in the preparation of Credit Risk Committee materials. Participate in meetings as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10 -- 15 years of experience in ABL lending, preferably including middle market and broadly syndicated deals.
- Superb analytical, organizational, communication, leadership, and project management skills.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize while working in a fast paced environment.