Senior Consumer Banker
Date ActiveDec 24, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationNew Hartford Road-LF570
Job Description/ Requirements
The Senior Consumer Banker (SUB) is the "face of Webster" with consumer/banking center based customers. The position is an all-encompassing role which requires the associate to deliver sales solutions, service and transactions to all customers. The Senior Consumer Banker creates a positive customer relationship by effectively communicating a clear understanding of the benefits of Webster's products and services. The Senior Consumer Banker will engage in sales and service solution activities and contributes directly to the success of the banking center by recognizing and uncovering opportunities. The Senior Consumer Banker exhibits leadership behaviors including but not limited to coaching Associate and Universal Bankers and provide support to the Banking Center Manager and Assistant Banking Center Manager as needed.
- Demonstrates superior sales techniques to uncover customer needs and match to the bank's products and services; sells a full range of consumer and business products/services such as deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or exceed established sales goals to support overall sales objectives.
- Demonstrate operational excellence by helping banking center to achieve satisfactory risk
assessments and audits.
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including typical consumer transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc. while seeking opportunities to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships.
- Consistently markets a full range of consumer and small business banking services to existing and potential customers through proactive techniques such as lobby leadership, outbound telemarketing calls,marketing campaigns, or in banking center events.
- Proficient in Webster's products and services and able to utililize knowledge to identify other cross-sell opportunities and refer existing customers and prospects to Business Banking, Webster Investment Services (WIS), Cash Management, Personal Lending-- mortgages and home equity, Private Banking, and/or other Sales Council members.
- Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling and marketing initiatives.
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster departments.
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as adhere to Webster Bank's policies and procedures at all times. Meet/exceed banking center evaluation requirements.
- Provides flexibility of coverage during banking center hours of operation and at other banking centers within the market as needed.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors including but not limited to coaching other Associate and Universal Bankers.
- Provide support to Banking Center Manager and Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations and leadership of the banking center; owning the customer and banker experience by helping to resolve issues; effectively handle escalated customer issues; proactively offering to help the team and customers; brainstorm on solutions.
- Other duties as required.
High School Diploama or GED Required
Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
3+ years of financial services or banking and/or supervisor experience or 1+ years of experience as a Webster Universal Banker and/or other Webster positions preferred.
Strong knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending service a plus.
- Self motivated and demonstrated success achieving sales
- Passion for customer service and helping people
- Ability, motivation and preference to succeed in a goal-driven environment
- Superior customer relationship building
- Demonstrated Ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Success in making outreach calls to consumer or business customers and/or prospects
- Decision-maker with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to personal growth, learning and success.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, partners, vendors and team members in a professional and personable manner
- Detailed oriented and ability to follow and enforce established policies and procedures
- Leadership and coaching ability
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability and desire to travel to multiple branch locations from designated home base as required.
- Typical office environment / working conditions. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- May require working in a standing position for continuous periods of time.