Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Date ActiveFeb 18, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location185 Asylum Street-HF215
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will support the analytical and reporting needs of the Commercial Bank. The key focus of this role is to provide foundational contributions to the buildout of Webster's next generation commercial reporting.
The individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining Tableau dashboards and reports, along with advanced calculations and SQL queries. The position will collaborate with key organization leaders to build data summaries that drive business decisions and processes, as well as track key performance indicators to assess goal progress and memorialize success.
In addition to Tableau-centric reporting, there will be additional business software platforms, including Salesforce and Sageworks, that this role will interface with to enhance data reporting and processes. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will support the analytical and reporting needs of the Commercial Bank. The key focus of this role is to provide foundational contributions to the buildout of Webster's next generation commercial reporting.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain Tableau dashboards and a reporting environment that summarizes data at an employee, group, and business unit level
- Utilize complex SQL and advanced Tableau formulas to simplify large data sets and deliver meaningful metrics to business leaders
- Partner with stakeholders to understand reporting requirements and serve as a thought leader and key executor on designing and building solutions
- Invent and implement new ways to define and measure success and productivity
- Drive adoption and engagement of Tableau user base and ensure functionality is being maximized
- Contribute to employee training of Tableau and other reporting environments
- Support continuous improvement projects for the Commercial Bank and Credit
- Improve data quality used by business units and key partners, including Credit, Finance, Marketing and Corporate
- Perform regular audits and improvements to data systems to ensure complete and accurate reporting
Educations, Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence and data analysis (financial services background is a plus)
- Experience building and managing reports using a data visualization platform (e.g. Tableau, QlikView)
- Experience using SAS, Python, R, VBA, or other languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation, and analysis
Ability to create, manage, and scale time series data sets
- Experience publishing and managing content and jobs on a Tableau server
- Advanced experience with SQL and manipulating large data sets in a relational database
- Experience with advanced Excel functions to build tables and charts and VBA coding to automate processes a plus
- Strong analytical and operational capability, with ability to manage projects and timelines
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Data Science or Computer Science
Tableau certifications a plus