Senior Business Information Analyst
Date ActiveMar 11, 2021 3:04:42 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Internal Audit is a team of dedicated professionals with diverse backgrounds and expertise who provide value by maintaining collaborative partnerships and promoting a strong control environment that supports risk management and business success. The mission of the Data Analytics team is to continuously improve our efficiency & effectiveness to allow us to provide more value to our stakeholders.
As an Audit Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting with the buildout of the Data Analytics function in Internal Audit. You will be helping shape, and ensure progress on, our long-term strategy.
Day to day work includes performing ongoing monitoring of our performance metrics, and identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities, including dashboard creation. This role will entail analysis and automations with Excel, creating dashboards with Tableau, and developing presentations in PowerPoint for Audit Committee reporting.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop, automate, and monitor performance metrics for IA that align to Webster strategic objectives and are based on successful outcomes of departmental activities
* Develop compelling, action-oriented dashboard and presentations, including the development of ad-hoc reporting, for Audit Committee, Executive Management, and IA Senior Leadership
* Oversee aspects of the Audit Life Cycle including Annual Audit Planning, Issues Tracking, and Annual Procedure Refresh processes
* Assist audit teams with data analytic testing on individual audit engagements and collaborate with audit teams to develop continuous auditing techniques
* Perform a periodic capabilities and needs assessment with actionable results, including developing a training curriculum and materials to address any skills gaps and ensure ongoing professional development
* Limited travel maybe required (<5%) and optional compressed work week is available
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* Experience using Excel as a reporting tool, including advanced functionality (ex. Index/Match, Named Ranges, Array Formulas)
* Experience with data visualization and dashboards preferred, Tableau experience a plus
* Experience with process automation, using Macros / VBA a plus
* Problem Solving; someone who is naturally curious, who can find creative solutions to effectively address auditor needs and implement in an impactful way
* Adaptability; need to be able to work in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities, must be detail oriented with a systems mindset, and have strong project management /organizational skills
* Initiative; make continuous progress on the things that matter without specific instructions; find more effective or efficient solutions to existing problems
* Exercise a working knowledge of audit practices and standards, including the IIA International Professional Practices Framework, risk management methodology and internal controls
* 3+ years of experience in an Audit or Risk Management environment is a plus.
* Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required
* Data Visualization experience with tools such as Tableau or QlikView is preferred
* Experience with programming languages such as Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), or SAS
* Data Analytics experience with tools such as or Power BI or Power Query is a plus
* Experience with TeamMate+ Audit Management Software is a plus