Date ActiveMay 21, 2020 2:32:16 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Identify risks and controls in business processes and develop appropriate test plans.
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and instances of non-compliance.
- Develop recommendations to improve the control environment and effectively communicate with line of business management.
- Prepare and/or review detailed audit documentation.
- Prepare written audit reports.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of special projects and/or high-risk areas of focus.
- Maintain and continuously improve technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with line of business contacts and external auditors.
- Assist in developing Auditor and Associate Auditor technical auditing skillset and banking industry expertise.
- Contribute to the department's strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred; Finance and other relevant degrees will be considered.
- At least five (5) years of experience auditing (internally or externally) publicly owned financial services companies.
- Technical skillset in commercial banking and credit risk strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint and IDEA (or equivalent data analytics tools).
- CPA or CIA preferred; plan to obtain relevant certification required.