Senior Audit Analyst - REMOTE
Date ActiveSep 14, 2022 3:25:13 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Senior Audit Analyst is responsible for assisting in the audit planning, fieldwork and reporting of assurance and advisory engagements, communicating findings and recommendations to management, and staying current on risks and controls specific to a set portfolio of responsibilities. Senior Audit Analyst works as an individual contributor who may provide guidance to other analysts and is responsible to meet pre-established goals and department metrics for assigned engagements. This position provides opportunity for growth and development within the organization.
Location: Fully REMOTE/Nationwide
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Lead engagements and work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify risks and controls in business processes and develop appropriate test plans.
- Assist in the implementation of automated audit techniques, including data analytics, to enhance the audit process.
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Prepare and/or review detailed audit documentation.
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and instances of non-compliance and recommendations to improve the control environment.
- Prepare written audit reports.
- Perform continuous monitoring of assigned portfolio business units, special projects and/or high-risk areas of focus.
- Maintain and continuously improve technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Contribute to the department’s strategic initiatives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Five plus years of experience auditing (internally or externally).
- Technical skillset in financial services strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Wolters Kluwer TeamMate+ a plus.
- Experience with data analytic tools a plus.
- Certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, CFA, FRM) preferred; plan to obtain relevant certification required.