Senior Anti Money Laundering Analyst
Date ActiveApr 5, 2022 3:01:43 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Webster Bank is seeking a Senior Anti-Money Laundering Analyst with knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements to fulfill the following duties:
- Conduct financial investigations to mitigate regulatory, reputational and compliance risk for Webster Bank, N.A. and its affiliates.
- Utilizing independent judgment, based upon training and experience, review suspicious transactions referrals from Webster Bank's Lines of Business and internal Anti-Money Laundering / Terrorist Financing software and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Prepare detailed investigation reports that logically outline investigative steps taken, research completed and recommendations. Specifically utilizing analytical judgment and knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, recommend if a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Review of internal account relationship/activities where money laundering or related employee misconduct allegations are possible.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and communicate with Webster Bank's Lines of Business (LOB) to provide guidance with compliance laws and regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations.
- Conduct reviews of junior level FIU's Investigators work product for quality and consistency prior to submission to FIU Management.
- Interpret and maintains a strong knowledge of all current and proposed BSA/AML laws and regulations.
- Manage data collection and quality control of investigative work product.
- Assist in the quality control of Suspicious Transaction Memos (STM).
- Research and support peer bank inquires (USPA 314b requests).
- As appropriate, communicate the results of FIU investigations to appropriate Corporate Compliance/Enterprise Risk Management, including conclusions and recommendations for next steps.
- Preparation of the appropriate management reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
- May act as the representative from the Financial Investigations Units on the Suspicious Activity Review Committee.
- Act as a liaison to Law Enforcement.
- May be called to testify in State and Federal civil/criminal court proceedings.
- Assists in staff member development through training of FIU policies/ procedures and related BSA/AML regulations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior level FIU Investigators.
- Work with IT to support software and data needs.
Education, Experience & Skills
- BS required - Business: Accounting/Finance/Economics/Criminal Justice
- 5 years of related experience --Corporate Compliance, Banking, Investigations
- Knowledge of and experience with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
- Proven ability to work independently in a high volume environment
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) strongly preferred.