Senior Analyst, SOX Compliance
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
- Perform testing over the design and operating effectiveness of assigned SOX controls and review testing performed by staff members. Coordinate and attend walkthroughs, send and manage requests, and document process narratives, flowcharts, and risk control matrices. Assist in evaluation of SOC 1 reports. Maintain SOX platform and ensure data is up to date. Oversee work performed by team members.
- Play a critical role in the continued enhancement of the SOX program in response to a changing control environment and changing processes and technology within the Company.
- Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of contact for lines of business.
- Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of SOX objectives and requirements, managing request lists, and facilitating discussions on controls.
- Facilitate the walkthrough process with Management and external audit.
- Collaborate with business line partners to review SOX documentation (risk control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed.
- Ensure SOX documentation is accurate and reflects current process.
- Complete and/or review SOX testing for key controls identified in the walkthrough process. Coordinate testing approach and align expectations with external auditors to ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards (including PCAOB) and allows for reliance by the external auditors.
- Leverage knowledge of audit methodology and industry requirements to ensure thorough workpapers are maintained.
- Support the team-oriented culture of the SOX department.
- Mentor less experienced SOX team members and review workpapers where appropriate.
- Follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution.
- Apply audit planning and execution knowledge to support the risk assessment and scoping process.
- Manage communication with external auditors and serve as a liaison between external audit and lines of business.
- Assist Management in the review and mapping of vendor SOC 1 reports to ensure appropriate controls are identified and operating effectively
Experience, Skills, Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- 5 years of related experience, public accounting or SOX experience strongly preferred
- Banking experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
- CPA or CIA designation preferred
The estimated salary range for this position is $80,000 to $95,000. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.