Senior Analyst Loan Accounting
Date ActiveMay 16, 2023 11:08:55 AM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses, and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Senior Analyst, Loan Accounting is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate handling of all loan related activities including review of transaction processing, general ledger account reconciliations and preparation and approval of general ledger entries. Individual must also be able to communicate the operational nature of the accounts for which they are responsible.
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliations as assigned
- Interact with various departments to resolve general ledger reconciling items
- Provide policy interpretation and direct support regarding reconciliation issues to the business lines
- Prepare special financial reports and analyses for senior management as assigned
- Assist with the maintenance, reporting and oversight of the Company's general ledger and general ledger reconciliation software
- Assist in preparation of materials as part of the annual external audits and SOX testing
- Identify areas in the organization with process improvement opportunities
Education and Skills requirements
- Bachelor‘s degree (Accounting or Finance) and a minimum of 3-6 years of accounting or finance experience is required
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results
- Must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and others across the organization
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1414