Senior Analyst, Corporate Accounting
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to assist with general accounting operations across the organization by performing month-end close procedures, coordinating accounting activities and verifying financial transactions. Responsibilities include monitoring and analyzing general ledger accounts; managing close and consolidation schedules; and preparing and reviewing journal entries, financial statements and reports. Looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized member of a cohesive team who can collaborate with all levels of management and perform under pressure. A successful Senior Analyst will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Perform complex accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Verify accuracy of journal entries, account balances, and accounting classifications within various reports. Assure that all reports and disclosures comply with applicable regulatory requirements, professional standards, and internal policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to the accurate production/review of corporate financial deliverables.
- Prepare analytical reviews of financial statements during closing process.
- Review and research unposted items from various sub-systems.
- Field questions concerning financial results.
- Follow up on accounting/system issues that affect the company and recommend improvements to work flow and systems to management. Ensure the integrity of financial statements.
- Ensure that financial statements an in compliance with GAAP, company policies, accounting and SOX control procedures, and governmental requirements.
- Assist and provide support with the annual external audit.
- Assist others within the accounting department with research of issues that require advanced accounting or system knowledge.
Education and skills:
- Bachelor‘s degree in Accounting or Finance and 3+ years of accounting or finance experience is required.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and others across the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred.
The estimated salary range for this position is $80,000USD to $95,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.