132 Grand Street-NH513
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Perform complex accounting and reporting functions requiring minimal direction. Monitor and analyzes general ledger accounts, financial statements and reports. Utilize industry specific accounting and reporting principles and techniques, advanced computer skills and a profound understanding of the company's operations, work flows and administrative systems.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Perform complex accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Verify accuracy of journal entries, account balances and accounting classifications within various reports. Assure that all reports and disclosures comply with applicable regulatory requirements, professional standards, and internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the month/quarter end general ledger closing process.
- Prepare analytical reviews of financial statements during closing process.
- Field questions concerning financial results.
- Follow up on accounting/system issues that affect the company and recommend improvements to work flow and systems to management.
- Ensure the integrity of financial statements. Ensure that financial statements an in compliance with GAAP, company policies, accounting and SOX control procedures, and governmental requirements.
- Assists and provide support with the annual external audit and budget processes.
- Works closely with the Controller to maintain the accounting system, implementing changes in data flow and reporting structure.
- Assist others within the accounting department with research of issues that require advanced accounting or system knowledge.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 3+ years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry preferred.
- CPA designation preferred but not required.