Security Operations Manager
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager supports the incident detection and response program at COCC. This role leads and further develops a team of analysts responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring of threats, as well as the tools and processes that support the core mission of defending the organization against cyber-threats. Similarly, the SOC Manager is responsible for extending these key security capabilities to COCC's subscribing client organizations as a hosted SOC service, in order to protect their environment.
The SOC Manager reports to the Information Security Officer, and collaborates closely with the security architecture teams, security teams, and other internal and client stakeholders to empower the business and continuously enhance the security posture of the organization.
* Manage the daily operations and effectiveness of the SOC.
* Oversee the success of clients subscribing to security monitoring services, including onboarding, ongoing monitoring, and improvements.
* Act as an advisor and partner to both COCC and its client organizations regarding security risks; work collaboratively with impacted parties to assess business drivers and provide recommendations.
* Participate in the development and tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) related to SOC operations, to benchmark and further enhance capabilities.
* Participate in internal assessments and tabletop exercises, and other activities that contribute to operational readiness.
* Benchmark and implement industry best practices to detect and mitigate potential threats
* Ensure platforms and processes are in compliance with all corporate and regulatory standards and requirements.
* Collaborate with management in developing technical direction, as well as assessing reasonable objectives and timelines.
* Manage and enhance the tools, tactics, and techniques used within with the SOC. Lead in the assessment, architecture and implementation of security technologies.
* Develop staff of varying skill levels on both cybersecurity competencies/expertise and personal development. Guide in their continued growth and success as individuals and as a team.
* Lead the SOC team in a fast-paced environment, while exercising composure, professionalism and teamwork during incidents. Support and oversee incident response activities as the most senior escalation point on the SOC team. Exercise discretion and confidentiality on a need-to-know basis when performing investigations.
* Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
The SOC Manager position requires strong technical knowledge and experience with security monitoring tools and incident management situations. In addition to technical expertise, a combination of excellent communication and people management skills is required. A successful candidate will be able to coordinate team members in evaluating security incidents or high-risk situations within an environment to provide clear, concise recommendations and feedback to security leadership.
Desired Skills And Experience
* Minimum ten (10) years of experience in IT Security or Information Technology
* Three (3) years in a management role leading a technical team
* Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center in an enterprise environment
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus.
* Achieved one or more relevant security certifications (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, etc.)
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, and clients both orally and in writing
* Strong leadership, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to prioritize and execute autonomously.
* Ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively with multiple teams and solutions towards a shared goal
* In-depth understanding of latest security principles and protocols
* Strong understanding of security operations technologies including SIEM and orchestration
* Knowledge in emerging technologies and tactics used within a SOC, and how they are applied to improve efficiency and effectiveness
* Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems, as well as network and network security technologies including IPS, proxy, firewall, and netflow.
* Understanding of tactics, techniques and procedures associated with cyber threats and the ability to develop relevant alerting, countermeasures, and threat hunting techniques.
* Scripting skills including Python a plus
Job Reference #: 5000487954706