Sageworks Business Analyst
Date ActiveMay 2, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses, and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
At Webster Bank, our financial intermediation activities are organized broadly around three distinct lines of business: the Consumer Bank, the Commercial Bank, and HSA Bank.
This position will be aligned with the Commercial Bank.
As part of Webster Bank's robust risk management approach, the Commercial Bank utilizes Sageworks (Abrigo) -- a web-based platform that enables the day to day execution of hundreds of bankers. Abrigo's lending and credit risk modules are leveraged by lending/underwriting, portfolio management, credit administration, and operations teams to drive increased visibility into the bank's loan portfolio and to streamline our internal risk management processes.
The Commercial Bank is hiring a Business Analyst -- Credit to be responsible for the day-to-day execution, administration, and maintenance of the lending / credit risk software. This individual will partner with the system Product Manager to improve the products usability and employee engagement through process improvements, system enhancements, and user training. The position calls for significant collaboration with the Commercial Bank's various business units and will provide high visibility into all levels of the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of Webster's systems, Sageworks use cases, and portfolio management and underwriting processes -- Work with the Product Manager and other employees around the bank to become a subject matter expert of Sageworks, including the modules and data fields utilized, the data sources and system outputs, and the processes that Sageworks supports
- Ongoing maintenance and improvement of templates / custom fields
- Ongoing access control maintenance -- includes approving access for new joiners and colleagues that transition roles; monitoring of user access levels in conjunction with business unit leaders
- Building out internal knowledge collateral -- includes the creation and maintenance of user procedures; includes creation of succinct training for system navigation / foundational tasks that underpin most colleague's daily usage
- Providing new hire training
- Collaborate with various divisions around the bank -- this position will work with several teams to ensure daily system usage and monthly/quarterly risk reporting are in line with bank requirements; also includes direct communication with vendor and/or internal IT partners to address data issues or system enhancements
EDUCATION, EXERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in a business or data science subject area
- Experience in the financial services industry or technology space is preferred but not required; experience in one or more of the following areas: lending / loan origination, underwriting, portfolio management, credit reporting, credit administration, product management, and/or financial analytics is a strong plus
- Strong analytical and operational capabilities, with an ability to manage projects and timelines while effectively managing stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to produce high-quality, succinct deliverables
- Highly collaborative, strong interpersonal skills and cross-functional team experience
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office suite -- including Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Sageworks, while not entirely a need to have, is strongly preferred -- similar systems include Moody's Credit Lens, Credit Track, Salesforce, nCino
- Location: Hartford, CT; option for hybrid schedule