Residential Mortgage Banking Officer
Date ActiveNov 22, 2022 3:24:11 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationFC Franklin Square-01604
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Long Island West (FC Franklin Square)
The Mortgage Banking Officer is a critical role within the Consumer Bank. This role functions in a flexible/hybrid work environment. Main responsibilities include serving as the primary point of contact during the direct origination of residential mortgage loans and consumer home equity lines and loans. Extensive mortgage product and regulatory knowledge required. Demonstrated history of strong production results required. Other key duties include but are not limited to: interviewing clients to understand their needs, reviewing the client’s complete financial picture, acting as an advisor to provide client with most appropriate lending product options, introducing clients to partner colleagues within the bank as additional needs are uncovered, and representing the bank as a trusted residential lending subject matter expert in the market.
- Actively searches and identifies lending opportunities for direct origination of loans to achieve individual sales and profitability goals and other goals as assigned.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for clients seeking residential and consumer lending opportunities. Interviews clients and reviews comprehensive financial documentation including credit reports, tax returns, complex income statements, bank statements, etc. and makes personalized lending recommendations that can potentially meet the needs of the client(s). Submits complete, quality applications which are strong drivers of successful pull through and fundings.
- Delivers exceptional customer service that builds trust through expertise, responsive service, and support throughout entire mortgage application process.
- Identifies, develops and maintains a lending book of business through new or established network of business contacts such as realtors, attorneys, accountants, financial planners, existing clients, personal contacts and internal and external centers of influence, etc.
- Partners with the Banking Centers, Commercial Bankers, Private Bankers, and Financial Advisors to grow, retain and deepen client relationships. Identifies client needs for other banking products and services and refers to appropriate partners.
- Establishes and enhances the Bank’s community presence by being an active participant in community events (i.e. homebuyer education workshops, financial literacy training, etc.) and involved in local, nonprofit housing organizations.
- Adheres to audit, operational, regulatory, and compliance policies and follows all standard processes and procedures.
- Observes security policies in accessing, securing, and protecting confidential and sensitive client and bank information.
- Supports leadership team on their strategic initiatives and priorities.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in residential mortgage lending/originating.
- Proven ability to develop new business.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong computer proficiency/PC skills – origination software, Microsoft Office, etc.
- In state and out of state travel as necessary.
- Multiple language skills a plus.
The estimated salary range for this position is $25,000 to $35,000 USD annually, plus commissions. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.