Relationship Manager, CRE
Date ActiveJan 26, 2023 1:48:25 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Relationship Manager, Commercial Real Estate is a seasoned, experienced banker that is viewed as a trusted advisor to clients and can manage and develop a portfolio of relationships with target segments that lead to loans, deposits and other revenue generating products and services. In this role, assistance is given to the Senior Managing Director with the management of the team’s sales and service efforts to ensure retention and deepening of existing relationships and growth of new relationships. The Managing Director will contribute to the team’s growth and profitability with an extensive focus on portfolio management, business development and client cross sell activities for the relationship team, by maintaining high quality loans through the support of underwriting, portfolio administration and cash management functions.
- Develop/maintain extensive network of business contacts, community leaders, executive management clients, prospect opportunities and referral sources, in order to generate revenue.
- Maximize team profitability through the maintenance of high-quality loan portfolio, responsible for relationship review and overall relationship profitability.
- Support Team Leader/Senior Managing Director with growing/retaining relationship for targeted client group by coordinating and supporting all aspects of relationship; ensure appropriate resources are dedicated to facilitating successful outcome.
- Develop and deliver effective proposals for presentation to existing and potential clients.
- Exercise credit judgment consistent with the department goals; monitor and evaluate credit worthiness of clients.
- Lead team interaction with operations and product group; plan and manage implementation process of new products with client to ensure smooth transition.
- Responsible for negotiating loans according to established guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- For this position, you must have at least 8 years of experience managing banking relationships.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Ability to build and expand trusting relationships and partnerships.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques and well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors a plus.
- Knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques and accounting is a plus.
- Exceptional business development skills.
The estimated salary range for this position is $180,000 USD to $210,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1065