If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Responsible for soliciting lease and loan transactions ranging from $50,000 to $10,000,000 through new business development and retention of current customers.
- Represent WCF in the lending community to develop profitable loan volume through direct channels as well as vendor/dealer market.
- Execute highly focused prospecting activities.
- Structure financing solutions for customers and prospects utilizing existing and new WCF products.
- Collect and submit all documentation necessary:
a) to underwrite / obtain credit approval
b) to understand the business and know our customer
c) to understand the equipment and the deal and
d) to close the transaction.
- Aggressive follow-up with prospective customers and referral sources to secure new business.
- Draft and deliver proposals to prospective borrowers; close transactions.
- Ensure high quality service.
- Submit transactions to credit analyst for review providing write up and including purpose and justification.
- Facilitate closing of transactions via phone or in person.
- Develop customer base within assigned territory.
- Document all calling activity using Salesforce.
Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or other related field.
- 10+ years of experience in equipment finance sales
- Experience in financing hard collateral a must
- Proven producer at $20MM+ in annual volume
- Various regions available in the eastern U.S.
- Candidate must be a self starter residing in their respective sales territory
- Demonstrated ability to develop new customer relationships
- Excellent communication (oral & written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and to adjust priorities is necessary.
- Strong selling and pricing skills and experience in credit structuring.
- Product knowledge of legal and tax lease parameters.
- PC skills -- experience in Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Info Analysis.