Real Time Data Movement Engineer
Date ActiveMar 31, 2021 12:51:29 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Responsible for the requirements, development, testing, and implementation of real-time and batch data movement solutions, including Realtime data integration, ETL, data control, and semantic/metadata development. Maintains data movement artifacts and ensures that all measures for data quality, data profiling, data governance, ITIL, security and compliance of data are adhered to. Works with Application Owners, and Data SME to identify requirements and drive ingestions standards consistent with business processes. Perform variety of in-depth data analysis, data replication, and data design tasks on datasets. Responsible for design and development data movement solutions with experience in Cloud databases, logical and physical design, and ETL. Deep Knowledge of data warehousing principles and processes including data database design, transformation and loading. Designs, profiles, develops, and tests data for engineering solutions using multiple ETL /MDM tools that move data from disparate source/target systems and the enterprise information repositories. Maintains data architectural artifacts and ensures that all measures for data quality, data profiling, data governance, ITIL, security and compliance of data are adhered to. Perform variety of in-depth data
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
1. Responsible for development of complex data movement solutions with experience in multiple data engineering concepts and tools.
2. Knowledge of data warehousing principles and processes including data physical database design, transformation and loading.
3. Deep knowledge in ETL, Realtime, MFT tools (Informatica, HVR and Cloud AWS)
4. Knowledge in SQL and Python scripting.
5. Demonstrate understanding of data movement concepts and tools to implement data access layers for reporting, data discovery, metadata management, and data services
6. Ability to learn new technologies and take on hands-on development work based on business priorities.
7. Works with Application Owners, and Business SME to identify Data requirements and drive standards consistent with business processes.
8. Exhibit strong knowledge of business processes and integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
* 5+ ETL and Replication
* 5+ years of Database experience