Private Client Relationship Manager
Date ActiveApr 18, 2023 9:21:33 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationFC Brooklyn Coney Island-01654
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in the financial services industry and experience a high performing, team-oriented environment. We are looking for a dynamic Private Banker who will act as the single point of contact for a select group of affluent clients. In this position, you will manage and develop a portfolio of client relationships within our target segments. As the single point of contact you will listen and understand your clients' needs and recommend banking and wealth solutions to help them meet their financial goals. You will identify opportunities by following Webster's "CURES" (Connect, Understand, Recommend, Execute, Service) needs-based discovery process.
This role will play an integral part in the achievement of sales and service goals across multiple banking centers. You will take a lead role in creating an extraordinary client experience and will be responsible for helping the Banking Centers you are assigned to achieve their sales objectives. You will be responsible for contributing to the team's growth and profitability with extensive focus placed on managing/growing a Private Banking book of business, business development and client cross sell activities for the team.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
- Identify and solicit clients using referrals, personal contacts, centers of influence and existing clients. Achieve growth targets for your assigned book of business across the deposits and wealth revenue.
- Act as single point of contact for a select group of affluent clients using the "CURES" discovery process.
- Develop and maintain a Private Banking book of business through an extensive network of business contacts; manage relationships with affluent clients, prospects, and introduction sources.
- Utilize lead calling lists and track individual and Banking Center activities and sales achievement on Webster's CRM tool to generate revenue and grow book of business.
- Develop comprehensive and personalized banking solutions & strategies to meet the needs of clients
- Support Business and Private Banking in growing, retaining and deepening client relationships.
- Build client relationships utilizing methods outlined in our playbooks; responsible for relationship review, problem resolution, presentation of solutions and interpretation of numbers, trends and data to make effective decisions.
- Maximize team profitability by working to enhance sales skills and product knowledge in the Banking Center.
- Participate in outside organizations and the community in order to develop strategic partnerships and alliances; analyze current and future competitors.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and manage operational risks. Observe security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive client information.
- Perform other duties or accountabilities within the Banking Center as assigned to support Business and Private Banking clients. May be required to perform as Notary, Mortgage Loan Originator, Client Service Associate. Identifying and referring mortgage CRA opportunities when appropriate.
At least at least 6 years of financial services industry experience in one or a combination of the following areas: corporate, consumer, mortgage, investments, brokerage, or private banking.
If you are not currently registered, the FINRA Series 6/7, state registration (including 63, 65, or 66 if required) are required, as well as Life and Health Licenses.
Demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals
Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and extended hours. Travel may be required to alternate Financial Centers.
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's and/or Master's) preferred yet a High School Diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting, and networking.
- Investment sales experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
- Other Attributes -- flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; decisive; outstanding ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.The estimated salary range for this position is $85,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22-2410