Date ActiveFeb 11, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationFC East Islip-01688
Job Description/ Requirements
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
- 50% -- Identify and solicit clients using referrals, personal contacts, centers of influence and existing clients. Achieve growth targets for your assigned book of business across the deposits and wealth revenue.
- 40% -- Act as single point of contact for a select group of affluent clients using the "CURES" discovery process. Develop and maintain a Private Banking book of business through an extensive network of business contacts; manage relationships with affluent clients, prospects, and introduction sources.
Utilize lead calling lists and track individual and Financial Center activities and sales achievement on Sterling's CRM tool to generate revenue and grow book of business. Develop comprehensive and personalized banking solutions & strategies to meet the needs of clients
Support Business and Private Banking in growing, retaining and deepening client relationships. Build client relationships utilizing methods outlined in our playbooks; responsible for relationship review, problem resolution, presentation of solutions and interpretation of numbers, trends and data to make effective decisions.
- 10% -- Maximize team profitability by working to enhance sales skills and product knowledge in the Financial Center. Participate in outside organizations and the community in order to develop strategic partnerships and alliances; analyze current and future competitors.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and manage operational risks. Observe security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive client information.
- Perform other duties or accountabilities within the Financial Center as assigned to support Business and Private Banking clients. May be required to perform as Notary, Mortgage Loan Originator, Client Service Associate. Identifying and referring mortgage CRA opportunities when appropriate.
- At least at least 6 years of financial services industry experience in one or a combination of the following areas: corporate, consumer, mortgage, investments, brokerage, or private banking.
- If you are not currently registered, the FINRA Series 6/7, state registration (including 63, 65, or 66 if required) are required or must be successfully completed within 7 months of starting the role.
- If you are not currently Life and Health Licensed, they must successfully be completed within 7 months of starting the role.
- Demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals
- Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and extended hours. Travel may be required to alternate Financial Centers.
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's and/or Master's) preferred yet a High School Diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting, and networking.
- Investment sales experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
Other Attributes -- flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; decisive; outstanding ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.