Private Bank Lender
200 Elm Street-FF200
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Manage the lending portfolio to ensure credit quality.
- Assist the Private Bankers in the achievement of new business goals and objectives by leading the structuring, pricing and underwriting of new loan originations.
- Initiate referrals for investment management, deposits, and other products and services.
- Actively market WPB's full range of products and services both internally and externally. Work with the Private Bankers on executing a marketing initiative to include client calls, center of influence meetings, internal and external presentations and product training.
- Meet all risk management objectives with strict adherence to all Bank policies and procedures.
- Attend ongoing compliance and product training seminars.
- Provide WPB clients and prospects with a level of customer service consistently exceeding their expectations.
- Work effectively with fellow team members. Must be committed to the overall success of WPB demonstrated by willingness to assist others and provide effective back up support as needed.
- Exercise strong professionalism and leadership skills. Serve as a role model to communicate Webster values.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the private banking industry.
- Broad understanding of credit risk management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous involvement with corporate and/or real estate lending preferred.