Portfolio Manager - Commercial Real Estate
Date ActiveMay 10, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location185 Asylum Street-HF215
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Portfolio Manager for Commercial Real Estate (CRE) is responsible for oversight and management of an assigned investment commercial real estate loan portfolio. The PM is also responsible for managing all aspects of the portfolio including, risk management, customer service, compliance, and data integrity.
- Maintain integrity of a portfolio of investment commercial real estate loans ensuring credit quality and soundness of risk ratings, adherence with compliance / policy, and maintenance of relevant data / systems
- Ensure timely completion of renewals, modifications and annual reviews for assigned relationships. This includes re-evaluation of risk ratings, collateral performance and valuation, maintenance of timely receipt of customer financial reporting, accurate testing of financial covenants and loan structure and pricing
- Closing of loan modifications, renewals and payoffs
- Perform all aspects of financial / credit analysis and underwriting for existing customers including statement spreading, risk assessment, projections and sensitivity analysis, and completion of Credit Approval Documents
- Lease / tenant analysis and approval
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly problem asset reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies for loans within the assigned portfolio, maximizing returns
- Assist with various internal and external audits of the investment commercial real estate loan portfolio
- Monitoring of cash flow sweeps and escrows and processing of capital escrow disbursements
- Participate on prospect and customer calls as appropriate
- Participate in special projects on an as-needed basis
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required with a major in Business, Finance or Economics preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience in commercial real estate
- Strong analytical and credit skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable in customer contact situations.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint