Operating Risk Analyst
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Operating Risk Analyst is responsible for supporting the Operational Risk Management (ORM) and Model Risk Management (MRM) programs.
The scope of the role will include risk oversight, reporting, governance, communications, education and consulting. Effective partnership with other members of the risk organization, line of business personnel, and third parties will be critical, as this individual will serve as a role model for corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
The position will report to the Senior Operating Risk Manager.
Operational Risk Management (approximately 60% of workload)
- Operational Risk Governance program ( support development/enhancement of operational risk oversight)
- ORM Scorecard/Key Risk Indicators program (identifying, analyzing and reporting of KRIs)
- Operating Loss Reporting program (tracking, analyzing, and reporting on operating losses)
- Operational Risk Assessment (assist in the development, implementation, and execution)
- Work with Senior Operating Risk Manager to deliver timely materials and coordinate ORMC meetings and materials including agendas, minutes, and reports
- Stay abreast of industry trends and participate actively in the exchange of ideas with risk professionals in the ERM and ORM fields
- Assist with ad-hoc reviews or risk analysis at the request of executive management or Risk Committee of the Board
- Proactively identify, address, and escalate risk issues to minimize loss
- Additional duties as assigned by the Senior Operational Risk Manager
Model Risk Management (approximately 40% of workload)
- Work with model owners and the Model Risk Manager to ensure the Model Inventory is complete and accurate, with timely classification for tools identified as potential models.
- Ensure validation findings and past due requirements are accurately tracked, reported, and escalated. Proactively communicate issues coming due.
- Maintain Model Governance policy, including updates and annual Board approval and work with the Model Risk Manager to ensure all models are fully compliant with Model Governance policy.
- Work with Model Risk Manager to deliver timely materials and coordinate MRMC meetings and materials including agendas, minutes, and model risk reports.
- College degree in business, finance, economics, or related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience -- Risk Management, Project Management, or Auditing is preferred
- Ability to analyze and assess business process for risk impact
- Experience with implementing process changes
- Strong writing skills, oral communication and interpersonal skills is a plus. The position requires interaction with various levels of internal staff and management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Prior experience with GRC platforms (example: Logic Manger, RSA Archer, Bwise, Metricstream)
- Knowledge of COSO ERM, COSO Internal Control or other risk & control frameworks is a plus
- Audit or Risk Management certification is a plus
Job Reference #: 5000400586506