MSP Senior Systems Analyst
Date ActiveJul 13, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
MSP Senior Systems Analyst -- Mortgage Lending System
Expert in all aspects and techniques for defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects related Webster Bank's Mortgage Lending Systems. In addition, will support operational systems and deal with production issues along with driving root cause analysis. Based on analysis will determine and prioritize the IT or business solutions to the solve the problem. This individual will be knowledgeable in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and provide and receive work direction in order to deliver assigned work on time. Will be a collaborator with IT and Business teams with an emphasis on timely and accurate communications.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user need and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements; considers business application of technology to both current and future business environment.
- Develop or modify as well as lead others through the processes to resolve complex business issues.
- Develop detailed application, product and/or tool selection evaluation criteria based on identified product requirements. Assumes full accountability for developing business and functional requirements for complex issues.
- Use comparative analysis techniques to evaluate and recommend overall IT solutions for client/organization. Provides consulting services to business stakeholders and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results.
- Provides consistent, accurate and timely updates to team members, stakeholders, and management on the status and issues surrounding assigned work.
- Actively participate in daily tasks and projects.
- Collaborates with end user community and maintain an environment of partnership. Provide fast and accurate information. Proactively remain engaged and aligned with user community on assigned work.
- Proactively considers the broader business implications of proposed changes to current and future business needs.
- Analyze, test and implement changes of varying complexity. Follow best practices, and release control process.
- Able to lead BA's in requirements analysis for small to medium projects.
- Supports design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
- Support project manager/release manager by developing detailed project information such as scope, estimates, evaluation criteria and task lists. Maybe asked to lead smaller efforts.
- May utilize requirement management tools.
- Coach and mentor lower level analysts.
- Coordinates production releases with internal and external partners. Manages associated risks effectively by producing appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Works with supervisor to oversee vendor relationships to ensure conformance with agreed upon SLAs.
- Is available for escalated production issues as needed.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field.
- 5 years of professional IT and business systems/analysis experience.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills to include: verbal, written and technical communication skills.
- Skilled problem solver that is very detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in automated tools and desktop software.
- Knowledge of Black Knight loan systems is a plus