Mortgage Warehouse Operations Associate
Date ActiveOct 13, 2022 9:51:24 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Perform the daily functions associated with interfacing with clients of the Mortgage Warehouse Lending Group. This includes, but not limited to, the daily funding, shipment, repayment of loan advances and cash reconciliation through highly automated systems and working to ensure compliance with established and approved operating procedures. Embrace and deliver Sterling National Bank’s brand values and core competencies in everyday interaction. Exhibits ethical behavior in everyday business conduct. Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients, vendors and other institutions. Respond to clients within established SLAs and maintain confidentiality of customer information at all times.
- Receive, review and recommend the funding of loan funding advance requests in conformance with credit approved eligibility guidelines in a specified timeline. Notify management in a timely manner of any issues or exceptions.
- Receive and review both shipping and payoff instructions from clients for processing within time defined specifications. Interact with custodian to address any problems or issues and ensure compliance with operational policies and guidelines.
- Manage the receipt, review and approval of loan funding advance requests in conformance with credit approved eligibility guidelines in a specified timeline. Use both detective and preventive processes to identify potential loans that need additional diligence prior to funding and ensure all processes are SOX compliant.
- Review, apply, and reconcile appropriate credits and debits for approved clients within the Firm’s cash management system. Then cross reference the data with department operations systems for validity.
- Address any Client issues regarding funding, shipping or payoffs and respond to inquiries about delays or problems in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Interact with Account Officers, Credit, Management and IT to set up new accounts, modify existing accounts and identify improvements for process controls and efficiencies.
- Creation of Daily and Monthly Departmental Reporting, assist in client on-boarding and training, monitoring of client contractual obligations. Must have the ability to work with limited supervision.
- 2-4 years’ experience of general banking
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Ability to work in a high transaction volume operation
- Basic knowledge of mortgage documentation
- Excellent Interpersonal/Communication
- End-user computing with mortgage related software
- Computer proficiency with MS Office software
- Working knowledge of mortgage operations or warehouse lending experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping
- Effective time management, organizational and prioritization skills
The estimated salary range for this position is $25.00 Hr to $33.00 Hr. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.