Mgr Portfolio Management BCC
Date ActiveSep 7, 2023 2:25:00 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This position is responsible for the day-to-day tasks associated with managing an assigned group of loans in the commercial loan portfolio within the Business Credit Center. Tasks include all functions related to credit quality maintenance, risk grade management, covenant compliance, loan / line maturities, loan documentation, collateral tracking and customer service. This position requires significant customer contact (written, phone and in-person), and partners with a team of Relationship Managers to cross-sell new products and services and to help deliver an industry-leading customer experience to our borrowing customers. This position will also include participation on project teams and Continuous Improvement initiatives that may affect the entire unit. The assigned portfolio may consist of larger, more complex credit facilities and/or this position may require team leadership responsibilities and assist with the training of other staff members and/or sales partners.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain an assigned commercial loan portfolio and alert senior management to issues which affect portfolio quality.
- Manage the renewal and modification process for loans and lines of credit by performing the underwriting and closing processes to ensure timely document execution.
- Perform routine, thorough credit/financial reviews of relationships in an assigned loan portfolio and ensure accurate risk grades and data integrity at all times.
- Perform routine site visits to meet with company management, collect financial information, discuss new lending opportunities.
- Support and deliver superior customer service to business relationships to bring consistent customer experiences throughout the Bank’s footprint.
- Support the Bank’s loan payment collection efforts to remain within targets for past dues and charge-offs and identify and support the transfer of problem loans to the Commercial Loan Workout Group.
- Participate, and take a leading role when necessary, in Continuous Improvement initiatives and/or assist with the training of junior staff members.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of related banking experience – Commercial credit experience required with the completion of a formal credit training program preferred.
- Strong credit skills with the capacity to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of a wide variety of credit facilities.
- Must be service oriented and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable in customer contact situations including potential work-out/loan restructure environments.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work to meet deadlines and work both independently and within a team structure
- Previous leadership experience preferred, but not required
The estimated salary range for this position is $95,000.00USD to $110,000.00USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.