Date ActiveNov 9, 2022 4:10:15 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location185 Asylum Street-HF215
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Department is seeking to add a full-time Senior Appraiser to support the real property collateral valuation process at Webster Bank. The Commercial Appraisal Department is responsible for ensuring safe and prudent lending practices. The Senior Appraiser is responsible for supporting the Appraisal Department by analyzing and resolving complex appraisal issues, documenting results and assisting the Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Manager and department staff as needed. The position may require some minimal travel.
- Solicit bids for appraisal/valuation services as needed
- Engage fee appraisers to complete appraisal/valuation assignments as needed
- Independently review real estate appraisal/valuation reports in a timely manner; prepare Standard 3 review or compliance review as appropriate
- Ensure appraisals are reasonable, supported, credible and prepared in compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements as well as professional appraisal standards
- Ensure appraisals are prepared in conformance with Webster’s commercial real estate appraisal policies and procedures
- Assist with internal and external audits as requested by Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Manager
- Assist with ad hoc projects or analyses as requested by Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Manager
- Continually expand knowledge of current topics, trends, and developments in commercial real estate valuation by attendance at industry events, seminars, etc.
- Act as a resource for third-party appraisal vendors and appraisal management companies
- Engage in regular communication with and serve as an advisor to Webster colleagues on appraisal and real estate valuation matters.
- Maintain appropriate licensing through continuing education or further development through appropriate qualifying education.
Education, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution in related field required
- State Certified General Appraiser license in good standing required
- MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute preferred
- Knowledge of industry standards and practices, including compliance and regulations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial real estate appraisal/valuation or appraisal review experience; review experience within a regulated financial institution preferred
- Experience with appraisal management software (i.e. C360, RIMS, etc.) preferred
- Experience with financial modeling of commercial property types in ARGUS Enterprise software preferred
- Must possess high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, customer service, verbal and written communication skills required
- Computer/technology savvy with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment a must
- Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and escalate issues when appropriate
- Willingness to work hours required to meet irregular demands and deadlines
- Ability to work on a team both in person and in a remote environment