MD, Segment Credit Officer
Date ActiveMar 9, 2022 2:00:58 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationSeventh Avenue Office-NY7AV
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Managing Director, Segment Credit Officer manages the credit underwriting function for assigned platforms in support of line lending staff in the structuring of loan offerings, the development of relationship and exposure strategies and the management of portfolio risk to achieve team/regional goals and objectives. In this position, you will develop and maintain a formal regional risk and exposure profile based on economic conditions, targeted industry and loan product offerings and demographics. You will evaluate, develop and maintain critical vendor relationships with appraisal and environment firms. Additionally, you will assist the line in evaluating, developing and maintaining other critical vendor, professional and counter-party relationships.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
- Credit Underwriting Oversight with Delegated Credit Authority: Ensure underwriting packages are complete and prepared in a timely manner. Content reflects the analyst’s clear understanding of the proposed credit undertaking in the context of the Bank’s lending appetite and includes a comprehensive and informative credit analysis and due diligence.
- Senior Management Reports: The Credit Department is the creative force behind and custodian of a number of critical reports used by the Commercial Lending Group, senior business development and risk management in measuring and managing credit risk in the CLG portfolio. The analysts’ responsibility for production, review and timely distribution of these reports is critical.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 15 years of experience in Commercial Lending, Credit, Asset Based Lending, Factoring, , Equipment Lending and Leasing, and Credit Risk Management including roles with delegated credit authority.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Strong working knowledge of all credit disciplines and portfolio risk management.
- Specific experience with middle market ABL, cash flow, asset backed lending and leasing.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques and well-demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors.
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities