Market Associate Consumer Banker
Date ActiveOct 29, 2021 9:45:23 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Location402 Connecticut Avenue-FF792
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
District Associate Consumer Bankers will support banking centers in a defined geography, with the opportunity to rotate through a variety of banking centers. District Market Associate Consumer Bankers will provide customers with exceptional service through counter-based transactions and/or basic platform requests as needed. District Associate Consumer Bankers will offer personalized banking services through communication, explanation, and referral of available products, ensuring that the customer's needs are met through appropriate sales and service delivery options.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to customers' needs by processing routine banking transactions at window or on the platform; provides flexibility of coverage for the banking center.
- Receives deposits and ensures that all accounts are properly processed.
- Offer information on bank products and services that can benefits the customer and enhance their banking relationship.
- Evaluate needs of potential customers and offer appropriate financial products and services.
- Prepare and compile new customer application and information to open new accounts.
- Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling and marketing initiatives.
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed branch operations /audit requirements.
- Provides flexibility of coverage during banking center hours of operation for various banking centers as needed.
- Resolves a variety of simple to complex in branch customer maintenance requests and inquires (i.e. address change, stop payments, research requests, etc.).
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Retail Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster departments.
- Fluent in Webster's products and services and uses knowledge to identify other cross-sell opportunities and refers existing customers and prospects to Business & Professional Banking (B&PB), Webster Investment Services (WIS), Cash Management, Consumer Finance -- mortgages and home equity and/or other Sales Council members
- High School Diploma or GED strongly preferred; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 -- 2 years experience as a teller, or equivalent retail sales/ banking experience required; customer service experience and needs-based banking sales experience preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, relationship building, organizational, computer skills, comfortable with current technology, and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending services.
- Ability to be agile with work schedule and travel to accommodate travel in a defined geography
- Agility with working with a variety of team members due to rotational coverage of banking center support required