Date ActiveNov 29, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location500 Boylston St-MAS10
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Managing Director: Originations
Sponsor and Specialty Finance Group
Description: Originate and structure direct, lead opportunities for equity-sponsored cash flow senior debt transactions.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Execute on highly focused prospecting activities.
- Develop strategic leverage finance relationships with private equity firms, investment banks, and other industry participates to originate direct senior debt investment opportunities.
- Assist in syndication process of underwritten deals and best efforts arrangements.
- Manage a team of underwriters and portfolio managers to book and manage a sizeable portfolio of new senior debt investments.
- Facilitate due diligence processes with Bank's internal underwriting teams.
- Advocate for new deals in credit approval process. Develop and maintain deep understanding of customer's financial condition and needs.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of Webster products, services, and capabilities.
- Represent Webster in local community.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree, CFA, or CPA a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in leverage finance originations, structuring and cross selling bank products and services.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate productive relationships with private equity firms.
- Proven, quality credit and structuring skills,
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of regulations governing financial products/services.