Date ActiveOct 13, 2022 5:30:29 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Webster Bank – Managing Director/Capital Markets
As a Managing Director in Webster Bank’s Capital Markets Group you will have comprehensive involvement in all execution-related activities corresponding to the banks middle market syndicated Commercial Real Estate transactions (“CRE”) focused primarily in the northeast and mid-Atlantic. You will act as the point of contact within the capital markets team for CRE transactions (construction, construction-mini-perm, permanent) and partner with origination teams to evaluate opportunities and position Webster Bank to compete effectively and lead middle market syndicated transactions. A strong background in structuring and syndicating CRE transactions, with proven investor relationships are expected for the role. You will be a meaningful contributor to the overall success of the capital markets platform and Webster Bank’s CRE franchise.
- Partnering with the Commercial Real Estate lending business to pitch, evaluate and diligence prospective deal opportunities.
- Provide input and guidance on structure, pricing and terms.
- Point of engagement with syndicate lenders with respect to best efforts and underwritten transactions, providing execution oversight throughout the syndication process.
- Oversee and coordinate the production of marketing materials with junior members of the team.
- Provide thought leadership and market intelligence to internal and external constituents; including market trends and competitor activity.
- Foster and develop relationships and partnerships with like-minded lenders to augment and build syndicate network.
- Work with junior team members with respect to the generation and maintenance of comparable transaction analysis;
- Mentor, train and develop junior team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience. MBA/CFA considered a plus.
- 10-15+ years’ experience in a senior role at a commercial/ investment bank or direct lender with strong track record of capital markets structuring and syndications experience. Detailed working knowledge of commercial real estate finance and willingness to work on various types of real estate transactions (apartments, industrial, grocery anchored retail, office, student and affordable housing)
- Established rolodex of actionable lending relationships within the CRE market and lending footprint.
- Experience leading credit agreement/ legal documentation negotiations.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight timelines, while operating with professionalism and integrity.
Webster Bank Overview
Webster Financial Corporation is the holding company for Webster Bank, National Association. With $26 billion in assets, Webster provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, financial planning, trust, and investment services through 176 banking centers and 349 ATMs. Webster also provides telephone banking, mobile banking, and Internet banking. Webster Bank owns the asset-based lending firm Webster Business Credit Corporation; the equipment finance firm Webster Capital Finance Corporation; and HSA Bank, a division of Webster Bank, which provides health savings account trustee and administrative services. Webster Bank is a member of the FDIC and an equal housing lender. For more information about Webster, including past press releases and the latest annual report, visit the Webster website at .
Business Unit Overview
Webster Sponsor and Specialty Banking provides customized secured commercial loans to middle-market companies, typically backed by private equity capital. Our loans are used by clients to facilitate acquisitions, fund working capital, finance growth/capital expenditures, and restructurings. Sponsor and Specialty Banking focuses on general commercial industries but also has dedicated specialty lending teams that cover healthcare, technology, media and franchise businesses. We are headquartered in Boston, MA and have offices in CT and NY.