Managing Director, Underwriting & Portfolio Management Business Banking
Date ActiveFeb 1, 2022 9:55:05 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
LocationFC Brooklyn 5th Ave-01651
Job Description/ Requirements
Webster Bank is seeking a candidate to cultivate and grow a book of small business clients (annual sales $1-10MM) within our target segment across a market area of Financial Centers. You will place an extensive focus on relationship management, driving business development activities, new client acquisition, client retention and expansion. As a single point of contact for small business clients for all their business and personal financial needs, the Managing Director – Business provides financial services to a targeted client segment by engaging in proactive sales behaviors, executing on sales activities, effectively managing pipelines, deal closing opportunities and educating and motivating colleagues to support and contribute to business growth targets. Additionally, you will prospect, develop, and foster ‘Centers of Influence’ to build targeted business & consumer banking opportunities that align with bank strategy.
- Achieve Business Banking Deposit, Credit and Treasury Management targets through proactive book of business management, COI development and colleague partnership within an assigned market area. Have a strong proficiency in credit and cash management solutions.
- Adhere to prescribed sales processes and activities outlined in all Consumer Banking playbooks to develop client relationships to meet all of their financial needs. Encourage peers and colleagues to skillfully listen to client needs and identify business banking growth opportunities. Develop and maintain client relationships by proactively identifying their needs through a business needs review, ensuring proper financial advice is dispensed for both short and long term objectives; generate revenues from these relationships; Engage in active book of business outreach and pipeline management; engage business partners as needed to bring the best solution to the client. Ensure colleague professional development is provided and develop succession plan.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures. Identifying and referring mortgage CRA opportunities when appropriate.
- Other accountabilities as assigned.
- For this position, a minimum of 1-4 years of experience in a sales capacity, including a demonstrated ability to coach a successful sales team is preferred.
- A proven track record of developing and coaching high performance sales and service teams is preferred.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration may be required upon hire
- Entrepreneurial business management orientation, sales planning, strong team building skills
- Strong probing, communication, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex client and employee issues
- Strong knowledge of small business, branch profitability and banking products; possess a general understanding of operations (audit, compliance, fraud, loss, risk).
- Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.