Apr 20, 2023 8:43:06 AM
Hours Per Week
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This position supervises a team of Portfolio Managers within Webster Bank’s Business Credit Center, who collectively oversee and help mitigate the Credit & Operational Risks within the Small Business and Business Banking loan portfolios. The individual is responsible for oversight and coordination of the day-to-day administrative functions related to credit quality maintenance, risk grade management, covenant compliance, line maturities, loan documentation and collateral tracking. This position may also personally manage a small portfolio of complex and/or high dollar Business Banking loan relationships and will routinely monitor them for risks inherent in a business loan portfolio.
Responsible for leading a team of employees that require high to moderate supervision and are engaged in tasks that are highly specialized. This job is typically used as a “level cutter” in those situations where there are a large number of employees, and the span of control for the department head would be too large. Supervisors may need to perform some of the tasks that are performed by the employees supervised. Supervisors conduct performance evaluations and have input on hiring and termination decisions. Supervisors do not have budget responsibility.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of Portfolio Managers who manage both the Limited Monitoring and Managed portfolios.
- Utilize lending authority to approve incremental/renewal dollars as well as various portfolio actions
- Support the Group Manager of the department on continuous improvement initiatives and will take the lead on projects that support loan growth and efficiency objectives of the Business Unit.
- Recruit new team members and provide on-going training & performance management functions for direct reports.
- Monitor and maintain a small portfolio of Business loan customers, as necessary, and alert senior management to issues/trends which affect portfolio quality.
- Manage the renewal and modification process for loans and lines of credit to ensure timely document execution
- Thorough knowledge of multiple functions including underwriting, portfolio management, closing, loan operations, etc. Provide support as subject matter expert.
- Perform routine, thorough reviews of loan relationships and ensure accurate risk grades and data integrity in the portfolio at all times. Monitor exception levels for Managed portfolio with respect to annual reviews and receipt of financial statements
- Identify revenue generation and cross-sell opportunities within the existing customer base and work closely with Business Banking partners on shared relationships.
- Support and deliver superior customer service to business relationships and bring consistent customer experiences throughout the Bank’s footprint.
- Support the Bank’s loan payment collection efforts to remain within targets for past dues and charge-offs and identify and support the transfer of problem loans to the Restructuring & Recovery Dept
- Deliver an industry-leading experience for both internal and external customers and will assist with escalated situations when necessary.
- Fosters strong partnerships with the Underwriting and Closing units that support the department, as well as the Relationship & Regional Managers who support new acquisition efforts
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Minimum 10 years of credit experience with 8+ in management capacity.
- Strong credit skills with the capacity to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of a wide variety of loan credits
- Strong oral and written communication skills and management experience including the ability to lead a diverse group of banking professionals
- Comfortable in customer contact situations including escalations and potential work-out/loan restructure environments.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
- Efficient time management skills
- Previous leadership experience required
The estimated salary range for this position is $126,000.00 USD to $154,000.00 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.