Managing Director, IT Risk Management (FT Remote)
Date ActiveApr 20, 2023 8:58:16 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work
This senior-level leader ensures that technology risks are actively and appropriately managed. This Managing Director of IT Risk Management performs risk assurance functions as part of the Technology first line of defense, enabling the identification of emerging risks in IT processes, the design and operating effectiveness of IT controls and oversight in the form of frameworks, policies, standards, procedures, and tools to support IT risk management practices.
This leader plays an integral role in the design, implementation, and execution of the IT risk management frameworks, manages and/or supports compliance with IT policies and standards, risk reporting, and supports and/or provides effective challenge for 1st line risk and control activities (including RCSA, ERA, regulatory assessment programs, etc.).
As a key leader on the Technology team, the successful candidate will lead or perform the following responsibilities:
- Identify material technology risks and control objectives.
- Provide effective review and challenge and/or design, implementation, and execution of the Information Technology Risk management frameworks and relevant controls.
- In partnership with enterprise risk, legal, and compliance, monitor for new legal requirements and communicate across Webster Technology as required.
- Liaison between second line and third line. Support or review requirements for internal audits, external audits, and regulatory exams.
- Coach, review and challenge process control designs, self-assessments (RCSA), and performance control testing. Provide guidance to and coordination with all constituencies. Identify enterprise trends, synergies, and opportunities for change.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of integrated risk reporting processes to enable firm-wide aggregation of material risks, issues, KRIs and other data as may be required.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in technical and strategic IT Risk and Compliance.
- Strong risk management skills in field such as Enterprise or Operational Risk, Internal Audit, or Information Security Risk Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or directly related/ field required; advanced degree preferred.
- CRISC and CISA certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with technology, and an aptitude for learning emerging technologies and how regulatory requirements may evolve.
- Ability to evaluate and assess a wide variety of risk activities, processes, and controls (framework certification, regulatory maturity models such as the FFIEC CAT, etc.) Experience testing controls in an assurance capacity.
- Strong financial management and vendor management acumen.
- Able to build successful relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to collaborate and communicate up/down and across the organization with internal/external partners. Able to prepare for and present to Executive and Board-level audiences as well as draft clear, concise, and precise policies, standards.
- Track record of implementing effective programs and processes.
The estimated salary range for this position is $175,000.00 to $195,000.00. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1345