Managing Director, Enterprise Risk Management
Date ActiveSep 15, 2022 3:10:15 PM
Hours Per Week37.5
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Responsible for execution and support of specific elements and ongoing refinement of the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management program including Risk Appeite and Policy Governance. Develops and operationalizes Risk Appetite & Policy Governance frameworks. This position plays a key proactive role in driving achievement of Webster’s strategic goals, objectives and priorities as aligned to those of Risk Management and the overall firm by applying a broad understanding of the overarching principles of Risk Management combined with strong knowledge of banking regulation and industry best practice.
- Risk Appetite Program– Responsible for managing/enhancing Webster’s Risk Appetite statement, executing a roadmap for operationalization of Risk Appetite across Webster, guiding KRI development & implementation for Board and Management level KRI metrics, establishing and maintaining processes for Risk Appetite monitoring and escalation leveraging systems and tools.
- Policy Governance Program – Responsible managing/enhancing Webster’s Policy Governance Program and establishing and maintaining a comprehensive and centralized inventory of policies, procedures, standards, and committee charters and effective internal control processes including policy development, change management, approval, and reporting. Drives consistency and applies quality control to ensure documents meet Webster standards. Oversees policy management system implementation.
- Maintains Risk Appetite and Policy Governance program policies and procedures that reflect regulatory guidance and industry best practice.
- Provides meaningful advice and solutions to the business on how to effectively operationalize Risk Appetite and Policy Management.
- Interfaces with functional and department leaders, providing clear direction and strong program leadership using a “soft hand” approach.
- Manages programs with companywide impact; evaluates courses of action within those projects or processes by applying understanding of business and risk management objectives to navigate through complex circumstances. Escalates potential obstacles and develops solutions.
- Communicates across all levels of the organization and produces comprehensive executive level reports.
- Leads and drives a high-performance team, acts as directive leader on providing inspiration, communicating focused objectives on achieving program goals. Exercises delegated authority of a department head concerning budget, staffing, performance appraisals, compensation recommendations, promotions, terminations, and other administrative matters.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Advance Degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in banking or financial industry preferred.
- Experience managing/ implementing Risk Appetite and Policy Governance programs or equivalent.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to convert plans into action.
- Strong ability to operate in an environment of change.
- Proven leadership with strong focus on execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build and expand trusting relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to lead a high-performance team.
- Knowledge of banking regulations and branch operations.
- High proficiency in written and oral communications.
- Results oriented with proven record of delivering high quality results to strict deadlines.