Managing Director, Capital Markets/CRE
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Webster Bank - Managing Director/Capital Markets
As a Managing Director in Webster Bank’s Capital Markets Group you will have comprehensive involvement in all execution-related activities corresponding to the banks middle market syndicated Commercial Real Estate transactions ("CRE") focused primarily in the northeast and mid-Atlantic. You will act as the point of contact within the capital markets team for CRE transactions (construction, construction-mini-perm, permanent) and partner with origination teams to evaluate opportunities and position Webster Bank to compete effectively and lead middle market syndicated transactions. A strong background in structuring and syndicating CRE transactions, with proven investor relationships are expected for the role. You will be a meaningful contributor to the overall success of the capital markets platform and Webster Bank’s CRE franchise.
- Partnering with the Commercial Real Estate lending business to pitch, evaluate and diligence prospective deal opportunities.
- Provide input and guidance on structure, pricing and terms.
- Point of engagement with syndicate lenders with respect to best efforts and underwritten transactions, providing execution oversight throughout the syndication process.
- Oversee and coordinate the production of marketing materials with junior members of the team.
- Provide thought leadership and market intelligence to internal and external constituents; including market trends and competitor activity.
- Foster and develop relationships and partnerships with like-minded lenders to augment and build syndicate network.
- Work with junior team members with respect to the generation and maintenance of comparable transaction analysis;
- Mentor, train and develop junior team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience. MBA/CFA considered a plus.
- 10-15+ years’ experience in a senior role at a commercial/ investment bank or direct lender with strong track record of capital markets structuring and syndications experience. Detailed working knowledge of commercial real estate finance and willingness to work on various types of real estate transactions (apartments, industrial, grocery anchored retail, office, student and affordable housing)
- Established rolodex of actionable lending relationships within the CRE market and lending footprint.
- Experience leading credit agreement/ legal documentation negotiations.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight timelines, while operating with professionalism and integrity.
Business Unit Overview
Webster Sponsor and Specialty Banking provides customized secured commercial loans to middle-market companies, typically backed by private equity capital. Our loans are used by clients to facilitate acquisitions, fund working capital, finance growth/capital expenditures, and restructurings. Sponsor and Specialty Banking focuses on general commercial industries but also has dedicated specialty lending teams that cover healthcare, technology, media and franchise businesses. We are headquartered in Boston, MA and have offices in CT and NY.
The estimated salary range for this position is $200,000 USD to $230,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.