Managing Director, Accounting and Transformation
Date ActiveAug 8, 2023 10:28:27 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Primary responsibilities of this role include oversight for the organization’s Accounts Payable process as well as the accounting and reporting for payroll, benefits, leased facilities, fixed assets, etc. In addition to ensuring there are strong controls in place over these areas of responsibility this role will partner with other functional areas across the organization to drive process efficiencies with a focus on consolidating the accounting and reconciliations for like processes into the Corporate Accounting team.
The MD Corporate Accounting will also play a lead role in the implementation of Oracle Cloud as it relates to the Accounts Payable, Fixed Asset and Pre-Paid Expense modules (i.e., design, testing) and will lead organization wide training/education for employees utilizing the functionality within them (e.g., workflow, reporting, etc.). Finally, this position will be responsible for ensuring the accounting and reporting for the organization’s deposit liabilities are well controlled and will partner with Deposit Operations on ensuring new product setup is well controlled and correctly mapped to the general ledger.
Education, Experience and Skills requirement:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- The Managing Director, Corporate Accounting role requires an individual with a strong and broad understanding of US GAAP and SEC Reporting requirements, particularly as it relates to pension and benefit plans, ASC 842 (leased facilities) and deposit accounting.
- Highly analytical, thinks outside of the box while maintaining a strong control environment and proficient knowledge of the operational capability of Webster’s general ledger and deposit subledger.
- Individual who can influence others outside of their direct span of control (both within and outside of the Accounting department) to execute on the department’s strategy and drive operational efficiencies across the organization.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, follow up and ensure execution of multiple priorities.
The estimated salary range for this position is $150,000 USD to $175,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.