Manager, Underwriting- Webster Business Credit
Date ActiveJan 26, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Manager, Underwriting for Webster Business Credit team will be responsible for the management of the commercial underwriting process and group:
- Manage the commercial underwriting lending function by working with team leaders and Relationship Managers to ensure their participation in and understanding of the process.
- Approve and decline commercial loans within established lending authority and departmental guidelines and policies; recommend action to higher lending authority if required.
- Work with vendors and internal system personnel to identify and implement technology enhancements.
- Maintain credit standards and improve reporting, analytics, and monitoring of all credit. Recommend periodic changes to credit review/underwriting based on analysis of charge off, delinquency reports, and changing market conditions.
- Assist all partners (closing, portfolio, and operations) in the booking and closing of commercial loans.
- Participate in projects that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting required.
- 20+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting, at least 10 of which were in a supervisory capacity.
- 20+ years Secured Lender, Underwriting and Account Executive experience
- Asset Based Lending experience
- Strong decision-making skills that involve complex issues and broad industry expertise
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong PC skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partners.
- Familiarity with Sageworks software preferred.
- Ability to work well in pressure situations and under tight deadlines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21-1014