Manager Underwriter Business Credit Center
Date ActiveDec 5, 2022 11:42:40 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This position will be responsible to underwrite and analyze the more complex and sophisticated new loan submissions greater than $500,000 serving Business Banking Customers with up to $25 million in revenues and total ICRE loan exposure up to $12,500,000. The expectation of this position is to deliver a comprehensive, objective, and independent analysis providing a sound and properly structured recommendation within Bank Policies.
- Prepare high quality. detailed credit approval documents that contain an in-depth analysis and an understanding and identification of credit issues and risks.
- Decision loan requests in accordance with the bank's policies and procedures.
- Consult with MD Underwriting BCC, Business Banker and MD of Government Guaranteed Lending (SBA) to recommend proper loan structuring that limits risk.
- Spread and interpret financial statements, tax returns and projections utilizing Sageworks software
- Provide an initial response to Business Banker within an established timeframe upon receipt and review of the completed loan submission package.
- Assist all partners (Closing, Portfolio and Operations) in the closing of Business Banking loans.
- Participate in projects that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process.
- Assist in the training and development of other Underwriters.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- 5-12 years of experience in commercial loan underwriting.
- Strong PC, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Working knowledge of SBA and Sageworks software preferred.
- Ability to work well in pressure situations.
The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000 to $115,000. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.