Manager Reconciliation Compliance
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Primary responsibilities of this role are monitoring and reporting on compliance with the company’s general ledger reconciliation policy. In addition to monitoring policy compliance and reporting policy compliance status, this individual will assist in performing in-depth reviews of reconciliations to ensure the individuals involved in the reconciliation process maintain a strong understanding of the reconciliation, related operational processes and accounting. This position will also be responsible for ensuring updates to the policy are communicated to end users and will support the development of training materials and administer training.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Banking experience preferred
- Proficient understanding of accounting, has performed and understands the importance of a strong reconciliation process.
- Requires someone who is control-minded, has the ability to identify areas of concern in the reconciliation process and who is process oriented.
- Auditing of reconciliations experience
- SOX testing experience
- Lastly, this position requires an individual who can interact with all levels of personnel involved in the reconciliation process, can build and maintain relationships yet maintain a firm sense of controls.
This position is based in Waterbury, CT and is a hybrid role with the expectation of working onsite 3 days a week.
The estimated salary range for this position is $85,000 USD to $100,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.