Manager, Product Management, Payments
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Manager, Payments Solutions Product Manager, contributes to the product strategy and roadmap for assigned payment products. This position will lead the implementation of the business plan and roadmap for assigned products. Supporting the group leader, this position will remain focused on maximizing and realizing sales, revenues, expanding market share, and increasing profit margins, while supporting the Bank’s strategic goals. This position will also participate in the management for all related vendor/FinTech partners delivering commercial payment products and services across the banks’ business lines.
- Provide support and input into all aspects of the Payments product strategy, roadmap and life cycle including all related product/service features, functionality, pricing, marketability and compliance with regulatory requirements. Key contributor to life cycle analysis for growth and de-commissioning opportunities. This includes the critical work required to integrate these products/ solutions for the combined bank.
- Serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ for assigned Payment products by interacting with clients, sales, branch administration, and all client facing staff to provide product knowledge/expertise, to obtain product feedback and to deliver solutions that meet or exceed client and market requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal partners; work with them to deliver a consistent and seamless experience across all customer access channels and address and solve any problems/ issues.
- Supporting the group leader, manage external vendors including product requirements, performance, pricing and to provide business case recommendations to continue or replace when necessary. Participate in the negotiation of vendor contracts.
- Support Sales enablement by serving as one of the Payment products subject matter experts, enhancing the Sales teams’ product knowledge, and participate in key client calls to demonstrate the banks expertise.
- In conjunction with Marketing and supporting the group leader, oversee the change management process by managing communications about new products and changes internally, as well as to clients and the general public, including client webinars, focus groups, mailings, e-mails, etc.
- Conduct market and competitive assessments to understand market trends and develop a strategy for the positioning of Core Payment products.
- Represent the bank and participate in product and industry forums, committees and conferences.
- Work with partners in Legal, Credit Risk and Compliance on all matters related to Payment products to ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Experience, Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field.
- 5 years of experience required in Product Management with knowledge and understanding of ACH, Wire, Check and/or related payment and money transfer products.
- Knowledge and understanding of Trade and/or FX products is a plus.
- Ability to effectively develop product requirements, serve as the product owner and lead cross functional teams/ partners such as Sales, Implementations, Service, Technology & Operations to deliver and support the Core Payment solutions. An understanding of agile methodologies is preferred.
- Understanding of product development, product life cycle, product profitability and associated regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Strong business and financial analytical skills in order to conduct roadmap, profitability and business case analysis on new and existing products.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations to clients, senior management or employees.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
The estimated salary range for this position is $90,000 USD to $105,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.