Manager of Loan Closing
Date ActiveNov 18, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
- Management of the Closing function for all mortgage and consumer loan products.
- Provides input to department strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Responsible for annual budgeting of expenses.
- The incumbent is responsible for the efficient and customer-oriented management of residential and consumer loans in accordance with regulatory compliance, investor requirements, Bank policies and procedural guidelines.
- In conjunction with business partners, insures the effective implementation of new products and services.
- Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Exercises the usual managerial authority with respect to staffing, training, performance appraisal, and career development.
- Keeps abreast of changing economic conditions, market interest rates, industry trends, and regulatory changes.
- Oversees the post-closing audit function. This includes document and system review for data integrity to ensure compliance with federal, state, regulatory and Investor guidelines. Establish positive on-going relationship and open communication with other Lending areas to resolve outstanding issues related to document and systems errors.
- Continually monitors process to facilitate change to reduce turn time, enhance the customer experience and maximize profitability
- Recommends changes to reduce identified weaknesses in lending policies and procedures
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and improving performance standards through ongoing review and training.
Miscellaneous Job Requirements:
- Member of management team for product development and implementation.
- In conjunction with Business Partners, develops new products, enhancements, and promotional packages to capitalize on market opportunities
- Actively supports diversity in the workforce.
- 10+ years' experience in Residential and Consumer Closing and Post Closing environment.
- Prior supervisory experience managing fast paced, high volume servicing area (minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience)
- Detail oriented & ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills: ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals and track activities.
- Ability to challenge the status quo & open to change, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.