Manager, Database Administration
Date ActiveSep 20, 2022 11:46:32 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Webster Bank is looking for Senior Database Administrator proficient in multiple RDBMS(SQL Server, Oracle, AWS, Azure, PostgreSQL etc.). In this position, you will perform all activities related to support and development of bank’s enterprise database stack. This includes development, implementation, maintenance, performance-tuning, encryption, migrations, upgrades, and other database administration responsibilities.
- Database Administration(SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, AWS, Azure)
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of databases
- Perform all activities including supporting discretionary & BAU DBA functions
- Backups, Restores, Upgrades, Migration & DCT activities
- Database Proactive Maintenance
- Database Security Management
- Database Space Management
- Hardening & patching SQL Servers
- Performance tuning
- Implement & Manage database encryptions(TDE)
- Troubleshooting, Remediation, Break-fix, and RCA involving databases
- DB Audit & Compliance activities
- Database Inventory management
- License compliance
- Managing Prod, Dev, QA, Test database environments
- Monitor Health of database servers and Reporting
- Enforce, document & adhere to database best practices
- DR activities
- Support SSRS & SQL Analytics (wherever applicable)
- SQL Server Operations
- Support SQL Scheduled ETL jobs, SSIS packages & stored procedures
- Ad-hoc executions, reruns, tests & RCA
- Monitor & assure scheduled job executions
- Validation of scheduled critical database loads
- Validate daily BAI-Wires Client files & remediate
- Weekend & Holiday job monitoring, support & load validation
- Workflow dashboards for Reporting and Trend analysis
- Provide support and validation testing surrounding project rollouts, and updates affecting 3rd party applications
- Database Controls
- Data Dictionaries
- Troubleshooting aids
- 5+ years’ experience using SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle, SQL Azure, AWS, Package Deployment, Debugging. T-SQL, Active X, Python, Shell Scripting, Stored Procedures, Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- 5+ years’ experience using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Job Agent, SQL Developer, Toad, RMAN, Integration Services Catalogs.
- 5+ years’ experience with Data Analytics (SSAS), Reporting (SSRS), HLA & DR techniques (Always On, Log Shipping, Replication, Mirroring, etc.)
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- A strong understanding of RDBMS (SQL, Oracle, Sybase etc.), Cloud DB technologies, OS (Windows, Unix, AIX), and Microsoft Office Tools
- Experience with Scripting (TSQL, Python, Power Shell etc.), SQL Database, Oracle Database, Oracle Tools, TOAD, GoAnywhere, JScape, Python, AWS, SQL Azure a plus.
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Self-motivated, with a desire to always deliver a quality service
- Understands the principles and practices of application development and troubleshooting
- Understands the fundamental areas of IT Service Management
- Understands the fundamental concepts of Project Management
- Maintains knowledge of advances in Technology, best practices, ITIL and industry standards.
- Highly versatile, be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication required.
- Experience in Financial Services or Banking sector preferred