Manager, Data Analytics
Date ActiveMay 22, 2023 4:26:22 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Internal Audit is responsible for providing independent assurance and guidance across all lines of business and team members are encouraged to think creatively, challenge current processes, build relationships, identify, and evaluate current and emerging risks, and hold themselves and teammates accountable in a flexible and delivery driven environment. This role includes the following key attributes:
- Drive and support the Audit strategic initiatives related to expanding continuous auditing and development of data analytics usage and growth.
- As part of the Data Analytics team, take lead Analyst role on complex projects as well provide direction to Sr Business Info Analysts.
- Autonomously gathers data and performs complex analysis to support audit work.
- Provides direct support for audit reviews through their lifecycles, handles ad-hoc requests, and indirectly supports the department through training, analytics guidance, and efficiency related automation.
- Support audit colleagues by obtaining and analyzing data and providing insights on data trends and anomalies that help focus the scope of audit engagements, increase coverage and efficiency of what is examined in engagements, automate audit testing, and provide visualizations of data through tools such as Tableau.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc reports of Internal Audit Department performance and status and support department leadership in developing new and existing reports that meet its needs.
- Continually evaluate data driven auditing and reporting methods and processes with the goal of improving both
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the strategic build out of the Audit Analytics Program by leading strategic initiatives and helping refine related methodology.
- Effectively interact with department colleagues and help establish the data analytics function as a valuable part of the Internal Audit program.
- Develop compelling, action-oriented dashboard and presentations, including the development of ad-hoc reporting, for Audit Committee, Executive Management, and Internal Audit senior leadership
- Develop, automate, and monitor performance metrics for IA that align to strategic objectives and are based on successful outcomes of departmental activities.
- Provide reports on the status audit cycles, annual audit planning, issues tracking and support semi-annual risk assessment reporting.
- Produce and improve internal reporting through the use of programming languages (e.g., SAS, VBA, Python, SQL), data analytics tools and data visualization applications (e.g., Tableau).
- Analyze and report on surveys performed through an access database or a survey application such as Internal Audit’s semi-annual staff subject matter professional assessment tied to the audit risk assessment.
- Develop knowledge of the organization of the bank’s data and the processes for obtaining data and develop relationships needed to obtain the data needed to support reporting and engagements.
- To support audit testing, obtain and analyze data and provide insights on data trends and anomalies that help focus the scope of audit engagements, increase coverage and efficiency, automate audit testing, and provide visualizations of data.
- Partner with Internal Audit Business Info Analysts and review work, provide feedback, and direction as needed.
- Limited travel maybe required (<5%) and optional compressed work week is available
Education, Experience and Skill:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, STEM, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related field, required
- CIA, CISA, CPA, CAP, PMP, Tableau Certified, CFE or other relevant designation preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Data Analytics required
- 3+ years of experience in an Audit or Risk Management environment preferred
- A working knowledge of audit practices and standards including the IIA International Professional Practices Framework, risk management methodology and internal controls is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills - Verbal and Written are required
- Experience using Excel as a reporting tool, including advanced functionality (ex. Index/Match, Named Ranges, Array Formulas) is required
- Experience with data visualization and dashboards is preferred, Tableau experience a plus
- Experience with process automation, using Macros / VBA is a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to perform analysis and clearly represent data to allow decisions is required
- Must be detail oriented with a systems mindset
- Willingness and desire to acquire and learn new knowledge needed to support the data analytics program is required
- Strong project management is required
- Ability to work with and influence others is required
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and projects are required
- Must be able to respond positively to change, including leading change initiatives impacting the department or the enterprise.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required
- Data Visualization experience with tools such as Tableau is preferred
- Data Analytics experience with tools such as SAS, Power BI is preferred
- Experience with programming languages such as Visual Basic Application (VBA), Python, SQL or R is preferred
- Experience with TeamMate+ Audit Management Software is a plus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1403