Date ActiveJun 2, 2022 8:14:22 PM
Hours Per Week37.5
LocationSeventh Avenue Office-NY7AV
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses, and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Webster Bank is looking for someone to lead the due diligence process including structuring complex loans and leases for existing and prospective equipment clients. In this position, you will prepare comprehensive credit offering memorandums identifying and mitigating risks, ensure such facilities comply with established credit appetite and policy, present proposed opportunities for formal credit approval. Additionally, you will assist the equipment group in achieving its overall risk management, relationship development and growth objectives.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
- 30% -Complete comprehensive underwriting memos in a timely manner. Assist in the preparation of Annual Reviews.
- 50% -Qualify, analyze, and structure complex credit opportunities to ensure timely approval and clearly provide a method to monitor the ongoing risks. Conduct financial and business due diligence beginning at deal inception, including a review of financial statements and projections, collateral reporting, tax returns, industry and company research, management capabilities and market demographics. Analyze and evaluate collateral information to determine proper lending limits and financial projections (including modeling and sensitizing the projections) to identify significant trends and drivers of risks.
- 20% -Work closely with business team, prospects, and brokers and clearly communicate issues and findings among all parties in a prompt and professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 10 years of experience Equipment Lending & Leasing, Commercial Lending and/or Risk Management.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration. Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques and well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Strong demonstrated credit, interpersonal and written communication skills