Manager, Community Engagement and Volunteerism
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Manager of Community Engagement and Volunteerism serves as the Bank's lead community ambassador in order to develop relationships with nonprofits throughout our market and create colleague engagement opportunities. This role directs all volunteer programming as it relates to both CRA service goals and all other community service opportunities. The Manager executes on the Bank’s Community Service Strategy and serves as primary relationship manager for a variety of internal and external groups and partners (i.e. Signature Nonprofit Partners, internal Business Resource Groups, Community Banking Center Managers, and Community Service Ambassadors). This role manages the Senior Analyst, Community Engagement and Volunteerism.
Responsibilities include, without limitation
- Manage execution of the Bank’s Volunteer Strategy, responsible for all volunteer programming, engaging colleagues and community partners in all market areas
- Implement and manage programming and community engagement opportunities for Webster Signature Partners, Initiatives, and Finance Labs, tracking appropriate impact data for each (e.g. # of students and or colleagues who have participated)
- Serve as OCR liaison to internal groups such as Business Resource Groups and Community Banking Center Managers, providing support to increase colleague engagement and community service throughout the bank’s market area
- In partnership with the Director, serve as the primary lead for design, execution and evaluation of the bank’s annual Community Impact Month, providing targeted opportunities for service throughout the footprint, and represent Webster at these events as needed
- Enhance brand reputation by managing the Nonprofit Board Service program and providing support for colleagues serving and/or interested in serving on strategic nonprofit boards and committees
- Manage internal group of Community Service Ambassadors, ensuring that Signature Community Initiatives are matched to engaged groups of colleagues, and execute award and recognition programs that highlight colleagues who serve their communities in impactful ways
Work with internal partners to drive all internal and external communications of community engagement activities and events such as Community Impact Month and Webster Finance Lab Launch events to increase awareness of Webster’s impact in the community (website, social media, intranet, etc.)
- Experience needed for this position. Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Previous experience and passion for managing Volunteer/Community Service programs.
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects from inception through completion and evaluate success using data.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; strong marketing and sales (i.e. influence/advocacy) skills.
- Attention to detail required, facility with Excel and Power Point strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of showing initiative and following through to completion.
- Interest and experience in working with community organizations and nonprofits highly preferred.
- Critical thinking, and the ability to solve complex problems in an adroit and efficient manner required.
- Given the Bank’s market area, proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- This is a public and visible role acting as a relationship manager between the nonprofit community and bank colleagues. Ideal candidates will act in a consummate professional capacity at all times.
This position can be based in either CT or NY and is a hybrid role and will need to work onsite.
The estimated salary range for this position is $95,000USD to $110,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.