Manager, Applications Development Online Banking
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Approve design, technical, and/or operational specifications developed by subordinates
- Oversee the delivery of designs and programs for new and existing products; keep current on best practices in technology and market trends.
- Partner with our Digital Marketing function on the execution of our strategic roadmap.
- Manage key vendor partners to drive requested solutions and operational excellence around customer support.
- Define work goals and establish departmental priorities and expectations.
- Prepare and manage annual department budget
- Ready new designs and programs for deployment.
- Approve design alternatives brought forth by subordinates.
- Identify and initiate work process and tool improvements that lead to increased productivity.
- Structure team appropriately for Agile iterative execution.
- Liaise with senior management and provide reports/updates related to department performance as requested
- Bachelor's Degree in directly related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of complex software development experience, at least 5 of which were in a supervisory capacity.
- Specific IT development or project execution experience with Digital tools.
- Extensive knowledge of system development life cycle, client area's functions, and systems and applications program development alternatives.
- Extensive knowledge & execution experience in Agile Methodology.
- Excellent communication, leadership, management, and analytical skills.
- Able to build successful relationships with all levels of staff and management.
Job Reference #: 5000485676006