Loss Mitigation Supervisor
Date ActiveNov 7, 2022 8:41:14 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This incumbent is responsible for leading a team of employees that require high to moderate supervision and are engaged in tasks that are highly specialized. Supervisors may need to perform some of the tasks that are performed by the employees supervised. The level and frequency to which a supervisor must perform the tasks of a non-exempt level employee will determine the FLSA status of the job. Supervisors conduct performance evaluations, and have input on hiring and termination decisions. Supervisors do not have budget responsibility.
Duties are as follows:
- Effectively manage staff and resources to maximize delinquency reduction for Webster. Emphasis on collaboration between teams and other departments to achieve goals, foster teamwork and understand how each department can contribute to the success of a project. More specifically, ensure that the Loss Mitigation Department operates efficiently and effectively throughout the year by identifying areas for process improvement.
- Coach the team through their challenges and identify their strengths, to build an environment that’s conducive to growth and to hold one on one’s weekly to identify any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Participate in interviews with new hires, complete midyear touchpoints as well as yearly written reviews
- Successfully manage the portfolio of loss mitigation files to ensure all CFPB deadlines are being met and loans are being worked in a timely manner
- Manage their own portfolio of loans in loss mitigation, volume to vary based off department need
- Assist staff with analysis of loan files including credit reports, titles, tax returns, employment income, asset review etc.
- Assist with escalated calls related to loss mitigation decisions as needed
- Identify and resolve customer and operation problems by working with all levels of Webster & vendor personnel
- Recommend and document new/revised procedures as well as train direct staff
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Additional degrees preferred, but not required
- 5-7 years of experience in underwriting (front end or default servicing)
- Solid knowledge of investor/insurer rules related to Loss Mitigation
- Overall knowledge of default servicing
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.